Sometimes living life in a big family does feel like a three-ring circus, but that's my life, and, all-in-all, I LOVE IT!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes...

(Let me preface this little story by admitting I have been a "Negative Nellie" and I have been a foul ball for months now.
I've been foul-tempered, foul-mouthed, obnoxiously foul, disagreeably foul, and all around unpleasantly foul.  This is just one of my many "I'm ashamed to admit I've done this foul thing" episodes. ) 


One day about a month or so ago I was moving furniture around the house, moving and repurposing things here and there.  Jayden was home from school and he really is a big help to me but this particular day EĆ³ghan was acting up so Jayden was using his talents to occupy the baby, which freed me up to clean and rearrange things.
Well, I was moving a big, big chair from the back room to the living room and I somehow got it wedged where it would not budge at all, no matter which way I twisted and turned I just seemed to make matters worse.  Finally I was so frustrated that I started yelling at the chair and calling it bad names (yes, sick I know, but that's what happened).  Jayden came over and said to me, "Umma, just do what you did when you were trying to move the dresser downstairs, just say, 'God, please help me', and, remember when you said that, He did help you.  Remember?"
Well, I just collapsed into the chair and hugged him to me, I told him he was right and I apologized for acting the way I did.  I said to him that I should never have gotten so angry over such a silly thing, and I said I was sorry he had to see that, and I said that it was so wrong of me.


And then Jayden, who is all of seven years old, said, "Yeah, that was nothing to be upset about.  It's not like you're hanging on a cross and suffering like Jesus did for us."

4 comments:

  1. Oh Eileen, when feeling down, just remember there are those who love like crazy and nothing you do or say will ever change that. I love you, Eileen and miss you lots. Hope to see you soon.

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Children sure do have a way of putting things in perspective for us don't they?

    I'm so sorry you have been having such a hard time lately. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it even a tiny bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use Jayden around here at times. He sounds helpful and smart!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayden is wise beyond his years, my friend.
    I love his wisdom.
    Hugs to you from me!
    J.

    ReplyDelete